gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
29561 Posts in 3543 Topics by 312 Members - Latest Member: Bob Gillette July 27, 2017, 09:34:05 PM
* Home | Forum | Help | Search | Calendar | Media | Members | Login | Register |
gfx
East Coast Astro  |  The Imagers Lounge  |  Narrowband and HST Palette Imaging  |  IC5070 - "Tyhe interesting bit!" in HST palette
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: IC5070 - "Tyhe interesting bit!" in HST palette  (Read 961 times)

Offline Paramount

• "It's life Jim, but not as we know it"
    • View Profile
    • Imaging The Heavens
IC5070 - "Tyhe interesting bit!" in HST palette
« on: July 11, 2015, 05:06:51 AM »
Hi
I haven't posted in a while as I have been out of commission due to having major surgery on my right knee (TKR) and didn't want to risk hobbling around in the dark on crutches and tripping over cables etc. I have been able to do some imaging over the past couple of months though. This is an image of part of IC5070 taken with my Televue NP127/FLI astrograph but using a Microline x814 camera in place of the PL16803, FLI provided me with an adapter to convert it to ZTA fitting and top take up the extra back focus but I will need to have some shims made to ensure it sits square to the focal plane as I suspect it isn't perfectly square at the moment (this is due to the way it fits)
Exposure times are
18x10 minutes each for Ha, OIII and SII

The large size image can be seen at the following link

http://m5.i.pbase.com/o9/29/869929/1/160320905.Tepz8fPZ.IC5070HST2000.jpg

Best wishes
Gordon

Currently using a Tele Vue NP127/FLI (Atlas/Centreline/PL16803) prototype imaging system. Paramount ME. OS Falco guide scope and SX lodestar.

Offline gquinzi

• Official
    • View Profile
Re: IC5070 - "Tyhe interesting bit!" in HST palette
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 09:13:59 PM »
Great image Gordon.  Not many folks have posted on this side of the pond due to the weather being quite soupy and wet :(  We've been having stretches of humid cloud covered nights all spring.  It's finally clear tonight and of course family take precedence in my household.  Keep posting those images.

Greg
Tak FSQ-85ED
.73X QE reducer
Starlight Xpress H18 Mono/FW/OAG
EXview guide head
AstroDon 5nm Ha, SII, OIII, LRGB gen II
G11 w/Ovision & Gemini I
Several pieces of Televue glass

East Coast Astro  |  The Imagers Lounge  |  Narrowband and HST Palette Imaging  |  IC5070 - "Tyhe interesting bit!" in HST palette

gfxgfx
gfx gfx