gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
29561 Posts in 3543 Topics by 312 Members - Latest Member: Bob Gillette May 26, 2017, 04:10:31 PM
* Home | Forum | Help | Search | Calendar | Media | Members | Login | Register |
gfx
East Coast Astro  |  The Imagers Lounge  |  Narrowband and HST Palette Imaging  |  Elephants Trunk Nebula in HST palette
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Elephants Trunk Nebula in HST palette  (Read 678 times)

Offline Paramount

• "It's life Jim, but not as we know it"
    • View Profile
    • Imaging The Heavens
Elephants Trunk Nebula in HST palette
« on: July 13, 2015, 05:12:09 AM »
Hi
This is another image taken with my new FLI ML x814 camera on my Televue NP127/FLI astrograph. As an experiment I took this with the camera binned 2x2 so as to match the camera better to match the pixel size to the optics. Unfortunately my light panel gave up the ghost so this hasn't had flats applied to the data.
Exposures are 18x10 minutes Ha, 17x10 minutes OIII and 15x10 minutes SII. Processing is mainly stretching the weaker channels, colour combining, levels/curves, colour balancing, contrast and a little high pass filtering (some purists may object to this but I won't lose any sleep over it as I'm already having difficulty in sleeping at the moment....lol).
I may try this again but without binning
The larger version is at the following link

http://m1.i.pbase.com/o9/29/869929/1/160610691.7xWNsSok.IC1396HSTmax.jpg

Best wishes
Gordon

Currently using a Tele Vue NP127/FLI (Atlas/Centreline/PL16803) prototype imaging system. Paramount ME. OS Falco guide scope and SX lodestar.

East Coast Astro  |  The Imagers Lounge  |  Narrowband and HST Palette Imaging  |  Elephants Trunk Nebula in HST palette

gfxgfx
gfx gfx